Why you need to maintain relationships with your candidates
Today businesses are moving away from transactional recruiting based on one job and towards continued relationships with candidates.
Why? Because candidates can provide a lot of value and increased engagement can provide some great results.
- 49% of applicants to your business have some relationship with the company. This close connection means that your reputation, candidates’ perceptions and experiences, and ultimately your employer brand are directly related. Maintaining positive relationships with applicants creates both positive internal and external impressions of your company.
- The power of referrals is always underestimated. Whether it be an employee referral or someone who sits within your talent community as a candidate, they provide powerful access to great people (in many cases people who are just on the cusp of looking for a new role). Without positive relationships with your candidates, this access is impossible.
- Sharing of content. Want to be seen as an opinion leader? Do you want your content shared? Who better to target with great content than your candidates? These are people who are interested to hear what you have to say and are very likely to share this content across their networks, further promoting your brand.
- It will decrease your cost-per-hire and time-to-hire. Referrals lead to faster, cheaper and better hires. Plus promotion through an existing, engaged community is much cheaper and less time consuming than using job boards.
- It’s better to keep your communities engaged than to just update your career website. Career websites are static, mostly impersonal and largely transactional. Added to this, many recruitment agency websites are static lists of jobs. Talent communities are engaging, flexible, and lead to more positive interactions.
How can Bamboo Crowd help? We’ve developed communities of talent for our clients and can manage these on your behalf. Get in touch to find out more.